Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2012

We Won

Or perhaps I should say that America won. America, that noisy, diverse, crazy, fabulous experiment in humanity, won. 

I am so very glad. 

To share my gladness I will share what others have said so much better than myself.

Videos: (Open in new windows.)

Obama Complete Victory Speech 2012 




The Colbert Nation with Rachel Maddow - November 8, 2012


It would not be complete without Romney's Concession Speech

Finally to quote Stevie Nicks "And the landslide will bring you down." Yup that lyrics for you, GOP.


Our Star Trek Future

This summer I turned to my partner and said that I wanted a "Star Trek" future. I wanted a future that worked with the environment, that was devoid of racism, sexism, and classism. That all ate. That all got an education. That all sat at the table of humanity as equals. All of humanity swam in the same pool and drank from the same fountain. 


I will always pray and hope and work towards that future. Ah work. My work until now has always been on the Internet. Now I shall pound the pavement for my beliefs. I shall register people to vote. I shall drive or walk them to the polls. I will put my body on the line to support my soul. 

For I love my country. I love my species. I love my planet. And I will work them all.

Thank you.

No comments: