Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

McDonald's and Taxes

I just found this call to arms in my email: McTaxes: You're Payin' It! Oh dear. Apparently we Americans are subsidizing McDonald's and other fast food restaurants because they don't pay their employees enough and thus need federal assistance. Plus the article even lists sources. Now when Forbes, Time, and Bloomberg Business support your argument, oopsie, time to reevaluate.

This article also reminded me of an incident I experienced earlier this week.

My husband and I ordered pizza to be delivered from our favorite pizza place. I like to tip $5 on a pizza order that is $25 or less because, well the delivery people are using their own cars and hey, it is hard work getting up our sidewalk. When the door opened I gave the man the cash and tip. He looked sad and I wondered if I had not tipped him enough. (I hope I did.) The many delivering my pizza looked to be over 40 and possibly Asian. His English had an accent. And I wondered "How did this man get here? Did he come from another country? Did he leave a good life? What brought this particular human being to my doorstep and how on Earth can I make his life better?"

Dear Sir, whoever and wherever you are, may your life be filled with joy. I hope I can find a way to help your life be good.

Now effing pay your taxes McDonald's!!!!! And the rest of you freeloading corporations!! I'm looking at you too oil companies.

No comments: