Translate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Voting

I am watching people speaking on the 50 year anniversary of the March on Washington. It was a great moment in our history as Americans. Now we have ultra-conservative people fighting that progress. It is as if some members of the GOP know the only way they will win elections is to keep people out of the voting booths.

Bite me you anti-Americans!

Voting, jobs, livable wages, and safe neighborhoods: What is wrong with that? Nothing. It looks like life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to me.

So I call on all of you to make sure that you GET TO THE POLLS!!! And don't just take yourself. Go the neighborhoods that may have lost their voting booths and drive your brother and sister Americans to their new voting location. I am saying to you, walk, bike, chaperone, do what you have to do to make sure that your brother and sister Americans, no matter the color of their skin, no matter where they live, GET TO THE POLLS AND EXERCISE THEIR AMERICAN RIGHT TO VOTE! Whatever it is you have to do - do it! Get yourself, your neighbors, your family, your friends, your in spirit brothers and sisters to the polls - and VOTE! As Whoopi Goldberg once said "The country you save may be your own."

In loving memory, I present to you, "I have a dream" by Martin Luther King.


Now get to the polls.

No comments: