Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

I Want My Star Trek Future

Hello All.

I have been deeply saddened recently by the "conservative" hatred that is spreading in the country. I am saddened by women losing control over their bodies in Texas, and I am utterly disgusted by the class war in this country. I am amazed that the working class think the "conservatives" have their best interest at heart when it comes to the economy. I am also saddened that "liberals" are having less and less respect for the Bill of Rights.

But I don't like being depressed.

So I am reminding myself, and maybe others, that:

I Want My Star Trek Future.

I want a future where no one goes hungry, we do not pollute our world, we embrace diversity and that includes other species, and we are expected to be polite to each other no matter what.

Yes I want MY Star Trek Future to include that everyone can carry a firearm of choice too. :) But I digress.

So if you want this future here are a few things to do:

  1. Vote. Just DO IT!! 
  2. Split Your Vote. Don't like one political party all the way, fine. Split your vote.  I do this a lot. If you vote for a person who believed in economic justice for one office then go ahead and vote for someone who will protect your gun rights in another office. 
  3. Know that you do make a difference. I've written/emailed my reps a lot. It does matter. I matter. So do you. Just do it. 
  4. Register people to vote.
  5. Make sure people get to the polls to vote!!
  6. Believe this future can happen.
  7. And if you are of such a mind, pray

As Hillary Clinton once said "Keep going." If you think things are bad now, remember that slavery is dead, women can vote, and we have and always will have each other.

Thanks.

Now go repost/read/copy do whatever you need to keep going.

Much love and good will.

-PP

No comments: