Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

For Trayvon - and My Nephews

Dearest Trayvon,

I do not know you personally, but I do see your face often. No not on the news, in my family. You remind me of my grown nephew and I'm sure my four non-teenage nephews will look like you in 10-15 years. I love them very much. I want them to be happy, healthy, and have opportunities for a good life. I do not want them to ever have to face what you did.

Young man, I am sorry there was no one there to protect or defend you. I am sorry you have received justice through the U.S. courts. I am sorry you will not share the rest of your life with your family on the physical plane. I am so sorry for your family to have lost you.

And I NEVER want what happened to you to happen to anyone else ever again.

I have the uncontrollable urge to body guard my nephews for the rest of their life. I doubt they would find that fun when going on a date.

See I want them to feel safe. And the only way that will happen is for the BS racism in this country and world to die.

Now that's a funeral I am looking forward to.

Bless you, dear.

-P.A.P.

No comments: